Brief description of the blogger profession
Blogs are a novelty that is gradually gaining popularity. Today, thousands of girls and boys have their own blogs, making a profit from advertising. Consider the main types of blogs:
- a text blog in which the author publishes his own articles, supplementing them with pictures and links to the source;
- vlog (video blog), where the author publishes copyright videos. These can be reviews of games, films, books, video tutorials and more;
- podcast. Bloggers (bloggers) hosting a podcast upload audio files;
- photoblogs full of pictures that can be supplemented with short captions, hashtags or comments;
- microblogs, which are most often run by the owners of pages on social networks.
The main advantage of the profession is that you don’t need special skills and investments to work, the exception is vlogging, because in this case you need to have a minimum set of equipment (video cameras, software, a good computer).
Features of the blogger profession
The profession, at first glance, seems simple, but it is not so at all, because it is very, very difficult to find interesting topics and keep the audience. More than 20 million blogs are created annually in the US alone, but only 1% of authors receive a steady income from their work. Many bloggers create both vlogs and text blogs and microblogs, working with different topics, and then choosing the one that attracts users. All blogs can be conditionally divided into 2 types:
- private, which is conducted by one person in the first person. Such blogs can be thematic or personal;
- corporate, for which specially trained people are hired. We are talking about blogs of online stores, public figures, companies, etc.
- A blogger starts to make a profit after he has a certain number of subscribers. Different sites where you can create your blog put forward individual requirements, but most often they pay attention to the number of subscribers, visits or views.
Well-known bloggers enter into contracts by advertising one or another product on their pages on social networks and in videos. Profit from the Internet diary can be extracted by placing contextual advertising, selling links, receiving material funds from sponsors who are interested in blog development.
- Distant work.
- Both adults and teenagers can work.
- Blogging is a great startup that requires almost no financial investment.
- You can make a profit anywhere in the world.
- Not exorbitant, but quite high fees.
- You can constantly develop.
- Creative work.
- Opportunity to get huge popularity.
- Not all bloggers become popular.
- Copying someone else’s content or ideas can cause
- Scathing comments from users.
- Unstable income.
- Lack of career growth.
- If you want to get popular right away, then you need to invest in promotion (attracting subscribers, viral advertising, reposts, and others).
- Important Personal Qualities of a Blogger
A blogger should be a cheerful, very active and positive person who easily reacts to criticism. He must be able to look for interesting topics that will be discussed and quoted, so the following traits predominate in his character:
- the ability to concentrate;
- well-developed imagination;
- creative and commercial veins;
- thirst for new knowledge;
- the ability to admit one’s mistakes;
- honesty and charisma;
It is worth remembering that a blogger is a very talented person who knows the basics of time marketing, has excellent endurance, and knows how to control his emotions.
New entries and videos in successful blogs need to be added daily, so only a stubborn and responsible person can achieve success in this area.
For blogging, you can order the creation of your own site, but initially you should not rush, because the site is associated with costs: creation, work of SEO optimizers, promotion costs, domain and hosting fees. Experienced bloggers can post their resume online to start blogging.